Sunday, 13 January 2013

Jorg RR Martin







So this is a marriage of my prose and imagery from the TV adaptation of George RR Martin's A Game of Thrones. It's not my doing and been on tumblr for about a year now, attracting ~3000 notes/reblogs.

I thought I'd post it here because I suspect that 99.9% of the very many people to see it will have assumed the words are George Martin's as well as the story to which they've been applied. It does seem quite a fitting marriage of prose to pictures, but I'm surprised anyone felt the need to reach outside Martin's work for the captions - he is an extraordinary wordsmith after all.

Still, here it is. I'm honoured to provide the garnish to the banquet GRRM has served us. Bon appetite!


2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! Now THIS is probably the best way to show critics who claim you copied X,Y,Z the finger! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. However grim westeros is, it is still far.. far too civilised if compared to the broken empire. Mark Lawrence is one of the great fantasy authors of our generation. I never understood why people dedicate such energy to attack authors who can deliver such a detailed, vivid, engaging tale; by default everything in fantasy has been done before one way or another, whats important is the journey not the destination imho. Me if I could, i'd prefer to have 100s of grrm's, mark lawrence's, brandon sanderson's ecc rather than the opposite.

    ReplyDelete